During the wide spread of Covid-19 in the past couple of years, companies have done their best to minimize the spread. From regular office cleaning to implementing work-from-home policies for employees, they have done it all. Working remotely means not wasting time commuting from one place to another, spending more time with family & pets, eating a healthy & balanced diet, and having more flexibility in working schedules.
This new work style also takes a toll on the ability to work more efficiently and effectively and thus generating better results. While working in an office setup, you were required to attend some office activities or other not-so-important stuff, which ultimately disrupted your workflow for sure when you were trying to pull yourself together and concentrate on a particular task. But now, with a work-from-home type setup, you will be able to happily pull yourself back without any distractions and even without jeopardizing your level of productivity and comfort of the house. With some proper schedules, tools, and tips you can create a great working environment in your home itself that would help you strike the perfect balance between being comfortable and being at home.
Are you also a work-from-home employee, who wants to create a wonderful working space with a great working environment? If yes, then you have landed at the right place. I Gordon Grigg, a home renovation expert from Nashville, will be telling you some interesting information regarding the same. So, without spending a minute any further let’s get started.
Why it is important to create a productive work environment at home?
Before knowing how you can create a productive working environment at your home, you should be aware of why a great working experience at your home is necessary. One of the major reasons for the same is that maintaining a proper work-life balance from home is extremely essential. For a long time, your social interactions with your family members might be on hold due to your work pressure. But in the work-from-home culture, you might want to communicate with them more. So, by developing a proper productive working environment you will be able to draw a line between social life and work. Also, the right working conditions will help your stay hopeful, positive, and optimistic about your work.
How to create a productive work environment at home?
A designated workplace helps you to focus on effective working. The best place of working in an effective and productive environment is your home. Before starting with the tips, I would like to give you a brief outline or sketch of how productive work at home office space should be.
Make your workspace look professional so that it motivates you to work there harder and productively. Plan out the best space with all the necessary equipment required to do the work. Make ample space to keep your stationary items & digital products and also invest in a comfortable chair and desk. Remember not to choose a bedroom, hallway desk, or kitchen counter as your workplace, as it will prove to be the biggest compromise that you will do for your work efficiency.
The most tranquil, comfortable, and quiet place in your house will be perfect for setting up a home office. Try to keep kids and pets away from that place while you work, as while being in a meeting or video conferencing, these background intrusive voices will not create a good impression on your clients. Also, make sure that the place you choose is well-ventilated with proper lights and air pathways. As dim lights can put a strain on the eyes which can ultimately cause headaches and also affects one’s mood and tampers one’s productivity. Apart from this, research done by American Psychological Association, keeping potted plants in the office environment also boosts the productivity of one who is working in the space.
Tips to remember while designing your home office space
Follow the below-mentioned tips for designing a perfect home office setup:
- Find the right spot – Being in focus is extremely necessary while doing some productive work. Unless you live alone, there will be only some places that might be isolated and less interrupting for making a complete office setup. Thus, finding the right place will be like winning half battle.
- Take care of the lighting – Setting up your home office in a place where there is ample daylight coming will keep you energized and motivated for working. Also, natural lighting is beneficial for your overall well-being. As maintaining good levels of Vitamin D in your body will keep you in good mood and also improves your sleep cycle.
- Pick up the right colors for the space – It is proven that colors put a great impact on people. Thus, a simple thing such as the right color can either boost or drop your productivity. Different colors can produce different physical and emotional responses from people. Thus, I would suggest you go for light, airy, and natural colors for your working space at home, such as; greys, blues, whites, greens, and other earthy tones.
- Ergonomic furniture is what you should go for – Ergonomic and comfortable furniture is what you should go for while designing a home office area. This is because you will be spending your maximum time of the day there, thus well-designed furniture is essential for your health and overall well-being. Such an item of furniture will also help you feel comfortable and focus better on your work. Also, make sure to give a personal touch to the space by hanging in some motivational quotes, keeping cute little desk stuff, putting in handmade letters from loved ones, or placing their photos. As it will keep you energized to work harder and better
- Use smart storage solutions – Many home offices do not have much space. That’s why you should use smart storage solutions to keep everything in your workplace nearby, without making it look like a total mess. Thus, make sure to include enough shelves, cupboards, and filing cabinets to fulfill your storage needs. Not only it will look neat but will also uplift your mood and increase your overall productivity.
- Do not compromise with the quality of the chair and table – It is extremely essential to choose the right chair and table for your office space at home. Choose a desk that is wide enough to keep your computer and other devices or items of need. According to me, an ideal office desk should be a minimum of about 120 cm wide. Not only this, the right chair will lead to the right sitting posture, and it will thus in return result in good productivity and good health. An ergonomically correct, beautiful, and comfortable office chair will be worth every penny you spend. You can also search famous online shops for purchasing the best office furniture.
That was all I, Gordon Grigg a home renovation expert from Nashville had to tell you regarding the office setup at home. The definition of a perfect workplace is not the same for everyone. You should hire some skilled persons, who can help you in designing a perfect home office space in the limited possible space. By hiring them, you will just have to share your needs and expectations and leave the rest to them. They will make the process for you much easier, and will design the space keeping your needs in mind. So, contact the people best in business today and get your perfect office space developed.